Sierra M. Podschun
Cell Phone: (386) 409-1288 • Email: SierraPodschun@gmail.com
Objective: To hold a full-time position within the field of education, gaining knowledge and experience that will contribute to both my future and the school I work for. Acquiring my Master Degree in Educational leadership is a goal of mine. I am going to be a life-long learner.
Skills and Attributes:
- Differentiated Instruction
- Honest, Reliable, Responsible
- Creative & Consistent
- ·Great Organization / Leadership Skills
- Technology Integration
- Implement Center
- Effective Classroom Management
- Resourceful, Ambitious, Energetic
- FAIR / FCAT Testing
- Good at Problem Solving
- Flexible, Withinness, Passionate
- Lesson Planning
- FTCE Elementary Education Certification K-6
- FTCE Mathematics Certification 5-9
- Professional Education Test
- Endorsements – Reading and ESOL k-12
All Certificates Current and in Good Standing
Aug. 2013 – Present Ormond Beach Middle School– Ormond Beach, Florida
Sixth and Eight grade Reading- Matt Krajewski
May. 2013 – June. 2013 Volusia County Schools– New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Coronado Beach Elementary – Mrs. Sulzbach, Mrs. Green, Mrs. Clark & Mrs. Wendt
Aug. 2012 – Dec. 2012 Coronado Beach Elementary – New Smyrna Beach, Florida
– Mrs. Diana Sulzbach• 3rd grade Teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aug. 2012 – Dec. 2012 Chisholm Elementary – New Smyrna Beach, Florida
– Ms. Patricia Johnson• 5th grade Teacher: email@example.com
Jan. 2012 – May 2012 Indian River Elementary – Edgewater, Florida
– Mrs. Amanda Boylan • 3rd grade Teacher: firstname.lastname@example.org
Aug. 2011 – Dec. 2011 Coronado Beach Elementary – New Smyrna Beach, Florida
– Mrs. Chris Wassem • Kindergarten Teacher: email@example.com
- Working with supervising teacher by taking on full responsibilities of the teacher.
- Creating daily and weekly lesson plans for all subjects. Shaped curriculum around benchmarks established within the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards and Common Core.
- Engaging students in concepts that they are learning and instructed small/whole groups all subjects.
- Enhanced students learning through Project Based Instruction (cooperative groups, Power Point, and portfolios).
- Planning Field trips and taking students on field trips.
- Integrated technology in the classroom with the use of computers, Elmo, Smart Board, IPads and projector.
- Working with other teachers in Problem Solving Teams (PST).
- Faculty staff development; staffing for child into ESE services; working with ESOL students.
- Tutoring in reading and math; and working in after-school clubs.
2008-2013 Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education: Daytona State College – Daytona, Florida
- President’s List / Dean’s List – Daytona State College – 2010-2013
- Bright Futures – Scholarship Program – 2008-2013
- Captain – Cross Country & Track Team – 2004-2008
References available on References Page.